Friday, September 17, 2010

Making Friends with Daddy

Surprisingly, Jessica was a lot friendlier to Daryl at first than she was to us. Here she was showing him the swings at a local restaurant/resort. Since then she has been hot and cold. She prefers me, but now that Jasmine is gone, we are forcing the issue a little. She has to get used to him since we can't fly for 20 hours with both kids on my lap, and when we get home (and everyone there wants mama too) I can't be the only acceptable person. She wails loudly with a few crocodile tears, the kind she has to work hard to get them going. We have started not responding or telling her she must stop crying in order to get what she wants. We are very nurturing and affectionate for real emotions and problems, but not to the "I'm not getting my way" cry.

Photobucket

Julius prefers me, too, but will accept Daryl when he's not hungry or tired, and I'm sure little by little he will come around.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment